Ever wondered if …
- you’re running your business at maximum efficiency?
- there’s more you could be doing to grow your business?
Our clients call us before making business decisions so we can point out the tax, financial, and asset protection ramifications of any decision they make. In addition to providing our clients with advice, we also act as their advocate when it comes to tax planning and preparation. We will not only identify and explain every possible deduction to save clients money on taxes, we will ensure on-time scheduling and delivery of personal and business tax returns.
We also serve as a one-stop shop to connect our clients with the professional services that every business owner needs: bankers, insurance companies, payroll, lawyers, bookkeeping, loan officers, and everything else in the back office.
Our minimum package includes the following services performed for a fixed fee:
- Four meetings a year at your office to deal with all those administrative/back-office issues you normally put off until later.
- Phone calls and Emails for advice — “We don’t charge our clients extra for phone calls and emails for advice because we want them to call us before making major business decisions.”
- Year-end Corporate and Personal tax returns
We don’t charge our clients extra for phone advice because we want them to call us before making major decisions.”
Head Honcho, Strombeck Consulting
We can help you:Grow your business (so you can sell it)
Most business owners fantasize about selling their business someday. We can show you how to turn that fantasy into reality by:
- Helping you concentrate on increasing sales, profits, and growth by extracting you from needless administrative time wasters.
- Helping you identify the key strengths and eliminate the weaknesses of your business.
- Identifying the opportunities and minimizing the threats your business may encounter in the near future.
- Helping you set up a strategic business plan to identify where your business is currently, where you want your business to be, and how to get there.
Here are few of the consulting services we offer:
- Business setup
- Business planning
- Computer systems
- Management services
- Training services
Build your net worth in “Bankruptcy-Proof Assets”
Because of the litigious nature of the society we live in, the foundation of our personal risk management philosophy revolves around building net worth in “bankruptcy-proof assets.” The objective is to be able to preserve as many assets as possible in a worst-case scenario where someone wins a large law suit against the business or the owner of the business. We work with lawyers that specialize in this area to help you accomplish this objective.
Do you meet with your CPA every November to decide what actions you should take before year-end to reduce your tax bill? Has your CPA suggested tax saving techniques to:
- Help your employees deal with their healthcare cost issues in a way that costs you nothing, but reduces your taxes and their taxes?
- Reduce your Social Security and Medicare Taxes?
- Maximize your Deductible Automobile Expenses?
- Maximize your deductions for travel, entertainment, meals, and business gifts?
Do you have the right connections to the right people to get the financing you need to expand your business? We have those connections and we can also:
- Analyze the proposals you get to make sure that you get the best deal and don’t get taken by unscrupulous lenders.
- Help you determine how much you should borrow and the appropriate terms for repayment.
- Point out the tax, financial, and asset protection implications that should be considered before obtaining any loan.
Bonding companies and banks routinely require CPA-reviewed financial statements. We provide these for our clients on a timely basis. We offer Review-Level financials and Compilations, but we do not offer Audits. If you do require an Audit, we can help connect you to the right company.
As a business owner, your personal time is one of the most valuable assets in the business.We can help you identify your most important “Home Run Activities” and hold you accountable to block out time in your schedule to give them priority.
- Which type of work, product line or type of customer makes you the most money?
- Which segment of work, product line or type of customer makes you the least money?
- Is your accounting system set up to give you this valuable information?
- Which customers have the highest hassle factor per dollar and which ones have the lowest?
- Have you ever applied the 80/20 rule to your customers?
- When was the last time you bid out your insurance, workers comp, payroll, or other vendors?
Let’s face it
We know you are busy with much more pressing issues and we will be lucky to get you to spend thirty minutes a month on this. We will help you implement strategic anti-embezzlement procedures that are “quick and dirty” so they don’t take up a lot of your time.
When was the last time your CPA brought up potential audit risks? With so many types of audits out there you should be prepared.
In order to make sure you are ready for any kind of audit, we can do a pretend audit for sales tax, worker’s compensation, unemployment, social security, IRS, and county tangible tax.
Estate Transfer Plans
As a general rule, most people want to pass as much of their accumulated wealth as possible along to their heirs. Doing so requires avoiding probate costs and as much death tax as possible. Probating a Will means taking it in front of the court where they establish it as valid. This is expensive and unnecessary. We can suggest alternatives that will avoid or reduce these needless costs and taxes. We work with lawyers that specialize in these areas to help you accomplish these objectives.
Have you ever done an analysis of your back office procedures?
Do you spend too much time cleaning up and being embarrassed by mistakes that could have been avoided had the proper procedures or controls been put in place?
We can help you identify those activities that are currently starving your business of your thoughts, time, energy, and resources and work with you to determine if they need to be eliminated, delegated or automated.
Do you need help with QuickBooks?
Are you transitioning to QuickBooks or starting a new entity?
- We have several QuickBooks ProAdvisors® that can help you with QuickBooks.
- We will create a QuickBooks data file for your company that is tailored to your industry and then customized for your specific needs.
- We will set-up a customized Chart of Accounts to produce a professional set of Financial Statements including a balance sheet and profit and loss statement.
- We will install the QuickBooks software for you and load the data file we created and then show you how to input the information related to payroll, customers and vendors including invoicing.
- In addition to all of this, we provide phone support for all areas of QuickBooks.
Do you know the best places to put your money for retirement?
Most business owners put all their money back into their business. You are investing 100% into one place with no diversification.
Of course you can go to any financial advisor, but will they tell you how your investments affect your business? Your taxes? Your asset protection plan?
Can you survive an audit? We Have a 21 Point “industrial strength” Audit Representation Service
The average assessment for a Sales Tax Audit by the Florida Department of Revenue (DOR) is in excess of $20,000 plus penalties and interest; assessments in amounts greater than $100,000 occur regularly.
When you hire Strombeck Consulting to represent you in an Audit you can concentrate on running your business, while we use our “Industrial Strength” system to maintain control of the numerous, complicated issues raised by the IRS or Florida Department of Revenue.
Upon receiving an audit notice our clients DO NOT contact the taxing authority. Instead, they fax the audit notice to us and we will control the entire process from “womb-to-tomb”
- We act as the sole contact and intermediary between you and the IRS or Florida Department of Revenue.
- The entire audit is conducted at our office.
- If the IRS or Florida Department of Revenue contacts you directly regarding scheduling, or any other subject, you immediately refer them to us.
- We will review your records and give you a list of documents that need to be immediately corrected or procured.
Have you ever hired a bookkeeper that was incompetent, dishonest or stole from you? In an interview, can you tell the difference between a good bookkeeper and a bad one?
We can tell the difference because we:
- Run three background checks on them: criminal, driving, and credit
- Know the right accounting questions to ask them
- Put them through an extensive interview process
- Test their competence with a comprehensive, written accounting test
- Match them to you with a personality test
- Talk to their prior employers
- Talk to the outside CPAs they worked with at their prior employers
Should you Buy or Lease?
Leases have certain tax advantages and allow you to use your cash for other important investments. But how do you know how much it is costing you to have the lease?
Our clients have us do a lease vs. buy analysis on a case by case basis before they acquire vehicles or equipment.
Strombeck Consulting will help you develop a strategic business plan
A Business Plan is a working document that assists in helping management make the decisions that are necessary to develop and maintain a successful and healthy business. The plan must be realistic and objective, measurable, and attainable.
The business plan you develop with Strombeck Consulting will be a control tool that helps you monitor your progress towards your stated goals.
A good business plan is also essential as an aid to raise capital for your company. It will help bankers and investors assess the company’s potential.